09 December 2009

Latest results just in

Now, today [9 December] I had the latest in my run of tests of this cochlear implant [still on number one, right ear] and my hearing experience with it.

The tests were as prescribed in CUNY sentences [Central University of New York]
in quiet and noisy situations

Results
quiet sentences
65dB SPL
100%
with noise +10%SNR
98%
with noise +5%SNR
27%

CNC words [consonant nucleus consonant]
Interesting link [word doc]
words
58%
vowels
84%
consonants
73%
phonemes
77%

Abbreviations
SPL - Sound Pressure Level
SNR - Signal Noise Ratio


Interesting Cochlear document link
Phonemes Wikipedia definition here
Decibels Wikipedia page here


Pretty good results apparently.
The sentences were easy, but context and lack of distraction helped.
Because I did so well with sentences and noise, Monica upped the noise an extra 5% and that was that. I was able to get a word here and then, but...

In the words section my results are about average that someone who has two implants might expect, so that's a pretty good result. However when I have number two maybe my increased capacity won't be as dramatic.

Well we'll just have to see.

No comments:

Post a Comment