19 March 2010

Second implant, first tune-up

Well after a major trudge to Gladesville [two buses, arrived early] I met with Carol, not my usual audiologist but capable and friendly nonetheless.

After a bit of tweaking [I dont think thats the technical term], did the sentences recognition test and achieved a result of [wait for it] [drum roll] 98%. The only error was a sentence about buying a house, not my forte. [Last visit we had to stop the word test, giggling too much - everyone sounded like Katherine Hepburn and I was replying, while impersonating Katherine Hepburn. Scored pretty well otherwise, after consideration the video umpire [yes it's coming soon]]

So now, volume is up a bit more, Carol said this re-map is quite different to the initial setup, so now we're on the way!

After the appointment I made a trip to town [bus] and the noise - you had to see it to believe it!!

1 comment:

  1. What a day
    In the end it was four buses and a lot of hanging around, but even now, 21:30 the hearing is better already!

    ReplyDelete