31 July 2011

3 years

Today is the day I went deaf 3 years ago.
Here's a link to the original letter

That seems like a long time ago. I can't say that it seems like forever because I can remember in some past life that I could hear. Hear music. Understand what people said. And understand what they were saying. Thanx for the devices which have made such a difference - I remember the helpless part where there was just nothing.

But let's focus on the positive - been around the world (again, with one cochlear implant), Italy, Acme still going, iPhone/iPad (well you might not think so), Washhouse. The clients who stood by me.

So raise a glass for me today 31 July. Then do it again, this time with some liquid in it. I'll raise my water bottle in return!




^. .^

4 comments:

  1. Also BHA, the Internet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Life brings crap to us all (well, most of us, anyway). Some people's crap is worse than others, and we all bear it differently. You bear yours with dignity, optimism, and determination. There are obviously tougher and more private moments that you don't share.

    My admiration of you grows and grows. I am often re-energised by your perspective, and I thank you for that (that, and the handy Mac tips - cheers). The past is a verdant pastureland, but it's possible also to live a good life in a sparser landscape.

    Here's to you, my friend. Cheers.
    Faye xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well THANX Faye
    Verdant pastureland wouldn't be so verdant if it weren't for our bovine mates now would it? Life's manure enriches the experience. Egad I should have been a composter/philosopher. Maybe next life!

    ReplyDelete