26 January 2010

Still waiting

Well here we are on National Straya, snag on the barbie day and no appointment.

To console me in my moment of nationalistic jingo, the higgledy-piggledy birds have been chortling their merry tunes out all morning. It is fitting that they might also be called Butcher Birds with their little blue-and-white-striped aprons.

Suppose we'll have to chuck another snag on the barbie, call everyone "mate", wear our hats with corks and discuss detention centres just to show how truly bluey we are around here, mate. And lubricated with ample quantities of VB. One's my limit.

"Strayans all are ostriches..." Sing it, mate! 

3 comments:

  1. Well judging by the translations I've received I'll accept this comment as a positive. Thanx Belly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's the comment as translated via Google translation
    "Friendship, like a tree, to be slowly cultivated in order to grow true friendship, and to go through hardships and challenges, can Everlasting Friendship"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Comment removed!!

    Previously I positively moderated a comment in chinese [translation above] which I thought was a nice thought.

    HOWEVER, and on closer inspection I found that the post included several links to unsavoury websites. Another arrived today [25 Feb] Mr Chinese Spammer will now be banned forever and if I knew his name it would also be now "Mud" in English.

    ReplyDelete