13 October 2008

I met Rick

I went to his office in the city.
We met in Martin Place - I think he picked me out, wearing all black adrift on the sea of suits. I suppose I stood out.

We went to his office and spoke generally but also specifically about some aspects of the implant only a recipient might now. Like how things sound via the implant. Also some handy tips - DVD player on the train while commuting [he's a movie buff, something else to talk about] with the implant off and the subtitles ON.

[This is a big thing - some of you will know that I enjoy the odd movie, in a cinema. How can I do that now without subtitles? No dialogue, no music, no sound effects]

Anyway it was a very positive meeting. He's very accommodating as are all the cochlear community. I think it is a community.

No comments:

Post a Comment